12.19.2008

Bringing the Last of the Bulgaria Troops HOME FROM IRAQ

Hello again!

From another new country... My last trip I had scheduled was from Leipzig, Germany-Kuwait, and Kuwait- Sofia, Bulgaria. It's always nice taking non-U.S troops because they usually don't speak english and don't throw a fuss when they get stuck with pasta instead of chicken. :-)



This trip was different, however... this just happened to be the LAST load of Bulgaria troops to come home after spending 18 months in Iraq. When we arrived on December 17th, they had a ceremony set up to welcome them home!

The Prime Minister of Bulgaria was there to give them a speech upon their return. The ground handler that was on our plane translated that he mentioned how proud he was of their courage, dedication, and it was so nice to welcome the last of them HOME to Bulgaria. (A ROAR went through the crowd when he said that... gave me chills.)

This band started playing the minute we opened the doors... how proud they were to welcome their troops home!

All in line. Ok now, judging by how obedient they are in line here... IMAGINE how good they are on the plane with us. I'm not kidding when I say I am blessed with flying the most POLITE passengers you could ever imagine in the entire world...



PAPARAZZI!!!!!!

The commercial flight I took yesterday (Austrian Arrows) from Bulgaria-Germany actually handed out free Bulgarian newspapers when we boarded. I happened to see a picture of the troops we took home on the FRONT PAGE next to the Prime Minister. I was so proud because the Bulgarian-speaking man next to me on the flight was trying to tell me how happy he was that they were all home safe. Imagine how great that made me feel to know that I had a part of bringing the last of his troops home safe FOR GOOD!!! Can't wait til all of our U.S. Soldiers are home for good... What a glorious day in history THAT will be!

CHEERS!

-Lisa :-)

No comments: