12.16.2008

The Lindner Hotel & Resort: LEIPZIG, GERMANY

Greetings from Leipzig, Germany!!!!

We are staying at the cutest little German Hotel ever and I HAD to share it with you. It's called the Lindner Hotel & Resort and it's one of about 30 in Germany. We arrived early in the morning and I was SO impressed with it from the minute I walked into the lobby!


It's about 15 minutes away from the airport... literally 'over the river and through the woods'! It was such a beautiful, SNOWY drive the entire way.


As you walk into the lobby, the reception desk is to the right and the cozy bar and cocktail lounge is to the left! Just right of the Christmas tree is the restaurant... very cute as well!


I love how the lobby is exposed by those levels of guest rooms! (See, there's the restaurant I was talking about... ha!)
This is the entrance to my cozy little room! (Obviously I'm NOT a light packer... Hahaha! BUSTED!!!! Look at my suitcase... expanded! What do you expect, being out for 30+ days??)

This bed, although they only gave me one comforter and 2 pillows, was the most comfortable bed I could have ever found in Germany!! (Notice I don't say ANYWHERE... THE MOST comfortable bed award STILL goes to the Marriott in Budapest, and will ALWAYS be #1 in my book!!)
I don't know about you, but this scene reminds me of 'A Christmas Story' when Ralphie & Randy wake up Christmas morning, and look out the window to see the snow! Hahaha! I didn't keep the window open like this, obviously, but it was a gorgeous view!
Good morning, Leipzig! :-)

I've REALLY enjoyed my stay in Leipzig so far! I better get used to it, because just recently my company has announced that Leipzig is the 'NEW' Budapest. We will no longer be laying over in Budapest due to high grounds fees costs and the fact that there (still is, I believe) a strike going on with the Ground Handlers at the Airport. It's such a shame, everyone LOVED Budapest. At least I got to spend the time there that I did! I'll never forget it! :-)

I'm sure I'll make MANY more memories here though, and I can't wait!!!
CHEERS TO LEIPZIG!!!
-Lisa :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
nice and interesting blog you have!

greetings form Leipzig GERMANY