10.30.2008

SLIGHT Change of Trip Itinerary!!

Hi friends & blog followers!

I had a SLIGHT schedule change that I thought is worth mentioning... instead of the tropics, I'm in the tundra! I left Monday afternoon and was commercialed out of O'Hare to KEFLAVIK, ICELAND instead of HONOLULU, HAWAII! Ha! Good thing Crew Scheduling told me this BEFORE I got the chance to pack! I can't imagine being stuck in Iceland with just sundresses and a bathing suit! :-)

See, in order to work in the airline industry you MUST be flexible and be able to 'roll with it', whatever they give you. Schedules change all the time due to unexpected delays, new flights being added, and also FAA regulations that decide who can and can't fly over a certain number of hours. I got a phone call on my birthday from scheduling, but since I had the day 'off', I was actually able to 'ignore' my phone. ;-) (Normally, we have TEN MINUTES to get back to them, or else!)

I called them back on the 25th, and I was told I had changes to my schedule beginning on Monday the 27th.
"WAIT! Monday? I'm not leaving for Hawaii until WEDNESDAY!"
"No, Ma'am, you're leaving for Iceland on Monday at 1610." Hmmm! Ha!

"How long will I be gone for?"
"There's a 95% chance you'll be extended the entire 18 days, so you'll be back on November 13th." WOW!!!!! (I'm thinking in my head... more adventures, more stops, more MONEY! Yess!)

To make this trip even sweeter, my friend Nikki from training is on my crew with me, along with my other girlfriend Kristi. And Nick from San Antonio! We're all extended for as long as they need us. To give you more of an idea of where I'm going to be and when, here is my schedule (As of right now... but as we ALL know, it's subject to change at ANY minute...) :-)

10/27 Commercial to ICELAND on American Airlines, and Iceland Air
10/28 Day off in Iceland
10/29 Reserve in Iceland
10/30 Reserve in Iceland
10/31 Deadhead to BUDAPEST, HUNGARY
11/1 Fly to Kuwait, and back to Budapest
11/2 Day off in Budapest
11/3 Reserve in Budapest
11/4 Fly from Budapest to Kuwait, then onto POLAND
11/5 Reserve in Poland
11/6 Fly to BISHKEK, then onto ROMANIA
11/7 Day off in Romania
11/8 Commercial back to Budapest
11/9 Deadhead from Budapest back to Keflavik, Iceland

The rest is TO BE ANNOUNCED.... I'll keep you posted! Isn't that GREAT that I'm going to get to see Poland and Romania??? I can't WAIT! This is going to be one GREAT trip, I can already tell...

CHEERS!
-Lisa :-)

No comments: