10.09.2008

6 Day San Antonio, TX DEPORTEE trip!

Hi guys!

I feel like it has been forever since I've updated Five Cabin Checks. I apologize... I noticed my page views have gone WAYY down this past week! Ha! But when I was home for 5 days, I had NO INTERNET connection whatsoever at my apartment, and I also didn't have that much 'travel-related news' to report since I was HOME for the first time in 18 days... but I VERY MUCH SO enjoyed my time in Rockford, saw my family, hung out with Philippe, ate at Beef-a-Roo :-), and most importantly caught up on some sleep!

Before I knew it though, I was called for another 6 day trip... and here I am, sitting in my hotel room in San Antonio, TX after a LONG last couple days of flying U.S. Marshall flights taking deportees back to their countries (or, 'illegal aliens', as I like to say, because it is a funnier term! Ha! ALIENS!).

I left Rockford on Monday morning at 10am and was commercialed in on an American Airlines flight down to San Antonio, TX. I met up with my fellow flight attendant buddy and trip partner, Nick Brady, at the Holiday Inn and we took the bus into Chicago together- so fun. We grabbed a quick (yet expensive! $15!) lunch at O'Hare and boarded the plane for Dallas around 12:45pm. We landed about 2 hours later, then had a quick layover and went onto San Antonio. The minute we got off the plane, the 89 degree warm Texas air welcomed us and it felt SO nice! I LOVE San Antonio! The hotel shuttle was waiting for us and took us to the 'La Quinta Inn & Suites' near the airport- nothing like the Corinthia in Budapest, but still nothing to complain about. :-)

We met up with some other crew members in the lobby that were going out to dinner later so we checked into our rooms, changed, and went out for a fabulous chinese meal at P.F. Changs that was SOOO rewarding after a long day of traveling! Of course at the end of a Chinese dinner, it's tradition to hand out fortune cookies... and guess what mine said? (AFTER I told the ridiculous story about the one I got during flight attendant training that said, "You are a traveler at heart, there will be many journeys"... I cracked open my new one)... And it said, "It is sometimes better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

SERIOUSLY??? Is this not the job meant for me or WHAT!???

Going out to a quick burger dinner with my crew at the Texas chain 'Whataburger'... and will be back tonight to upload pics from the last couple days of my trip! It's been a great one so far and I can't wait to share! Five Cabin Checks is BACK!!!!!!

CHEERS!
-Lisa :-)

No comments: