9.21.2008

Extended in Budapest! And my relaxing morning at the Royal Spa...

Hello from Budapest!



Yep, you heard me right. I'm still here!!! I was extended here until the 30th because they need me to do 2 more flights back and forth to Iceland and 1 to Germany within the next week & 1/2! It's unreal that they're keeping me here an extra 10 DAYS just because its easier for them to have me here than send me home! How can I complain?? :-) (I'm also SUPER excited for my layover in Germany!)



The night before I was supposed to leave, I unwillingly packed up my suitcase and was thinking about what a great trip I'd had. I LOVED the hotel, loved my new favorite restaurants, loved the new clothes I bought on Fashion Street, and met some really great new friends. I could hardly sleep because I took a long nap that day, so I was up until about 3am when my showtime in the lobby was 9am. I don't know why, but I decided to double check my schedule one more time before the morning just to make sure I had everything right. I logged on, and my jaw dropped when I saw that the open schedule I had for this week was suddenly all sorts of blues and grays indicating I had a trip, then I was on reserve again in Budapest for 4 days straight! I just sat there and stared for awhile... kinda thrown off, but also excited. And thinking... I've GOTTA find a place to do laundry...



So then I REALLY couldn't sleep, and I just stayed up all night. I called my lead, Amanda at 7:30am and told her about my change... no one had notified her at that point, so I'm glad I didn't just hop on their plane to come home and then realize I was supposed to stay! Ha! I think its fate! After I got off the phone with Amanda (and I still wasn't tired...), I decided to go down to the spa and enjoy the pool and jacuzzi for a little bit. It is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous, and so peaceful.



The 'Royal Spa' as they call it, is only available through a private elevator. That makes it easy to just wear your white robe down and not worry about walking through the hotel lobby for all to see. :-) As soon as the elevator door opens, you are welcomed by a friendly face at the front desk...
And a free juice bar with fresh apple juice and freshly squeezed orange juice! And complimentary bottles of water and green apples to take with you if you want.
You just hand in your room key, and if you haven't already, the lady will give you a robe and slippers to wear down to the pool and sauna area. You walk down a gorgeous winding staircase (that sadly, was hard if not impossible to take a picture of...), and you're on the floor level of the huge swimming pool, jacuzzis, and lounge chairs!
It is so beautiful and so calm! Especially at 8am...
The ceiling is a gorgeous stained glass that is so bright in the morning! All the rooms on the upper level are the massage and beauty rooms... all the spa treatments are done up there!


I sat in the jacuzzi for about 25 minutes. There were probably only 3 or 4 other people in the entire spa area when I was there... talk about RE-LAXING. Had the whole jacuzzi to myself!
These lounge chairs remind me of something on a tropical island! They are lined all around the outer edge of the swimming pool and jacuzzis... somewhat tucked back from the pool in case you REALLY want peace and quiet!
You can see where the chairs are in between the columns...
I ALSO sat in one of the saunas for about 7 minutes! It was SO warm and had that rich wood smell, and there was a speaker playing soft music that really helps you to relax. I was SO hot and took an 'experience shower' when I got out. It was something I found in a corner and it has different shower heads and pressures and temperatures, and lights that apparently simulate different sights and feelings of nature. It's kinda funny! It sure was an experience! Ha!
Ahhh.. what a great way to start my day!
SO after the spa, I still wasn't tired... so I decided to get cleaned up and go out to breakfast by myself and bring my book! I went back to, you guessed it, Cafe Vian... and I ordered a moccachino that was so pretty, I almost hated to drink it. (But trust me, I'm glad I did!)
I ordered a 2 egg ham & cheese omelette and a REALLY yummy chocolate-filled croissant! It was one of the greatest breakfasts I've had in awhile. And, Cafe Vian wasn't NEARLY as busy & bustling as it has been the other times we've been there for lunch & dinner, so it was nice to have the full attention of the waiter! Total cost of breakfast: $13 with tip. I'm not kidding, I'm nowhere NEAR spending the total amount of per diem my company gives me every day. And I'm eating like I've never eaten before! (If I come home in 10 days 5 pounds heavier, you'll know exactly why. :-)

After breakfast, I did a little window shopping on the street across from my hotel, then finally started feeling like I needed to sleep... and I did! All afternoon!

Cheers! :-)

-Lisa

No comments: