9.15.2008

"Bad in Budapest" -as quoted by Shelley

When we have an entire 24/7 day off in Budapest, we LOVE to go out and have some drinks with our crew (and other crews that are on layovers as well). And by golly, we DID! It all started at this cute little Mexican place, famous for it's margaritas... called "IGUANA".

I got the 'pesto quesadillas' that were DELICOUS, and had 1 margarita and 1 beer. And my bill was only $15! I was thinking... am I in Budapest or at Taco Bell??? :-) (Thank goodness I'm in Budapest!)
LOVED the bar & the ambience... the other crew was there with us too sitting at the table behind us so we were bustling back & forth between the two all night. And it was a SUNDAY! That's honestly what I love most about this job... every day can be a Friday or Saturday if you make it out to be...
Here's my fantastic crew! From left, Marla (love her, senior flight attendant who KNOWS her stuff and LOVES us young girls just getting into the business!), Vennie (my little buddy from training), Me, Mame (who looks like she's possessed... hahaha I know you're laughing), Jill (such a cute little Harley Mama and laughs as much as me!), Amanda (our responsible lead, fantastic), and Patrick (Who is THE NICEST guy/Dad you've ever met and ALWAYS looks out for me!)
Eric Gonzalez from the other crew LOVES his girls... "Just another day on the job!" (clockwise) Me, Vennie, Eric, Camila, Kristi, and Sherry!
Drinks at the Hotel InterContinental? Why not?? :-) Vennie & Me... with red wine= my fave.
Yeah Eric! My long skirt is very restricting and conservative! Just like me!
Phillipe (Their lead, who I KEPT calling "Phillip-ayy" until they corrected me) was like, "I want a pic like that!"
But HE wanted to hoist HIS leg up on ME! Ha!!! Laughing nonstop! Love this guy!
Yeah girls! We are all young, single, traveling the world, and getting PAID for it. Of COURSE we can smile about it! Kristi, Camila, Rio, Vennie, Eric (not a girl but LOVING his job equally because of us NEW flight attendants), and me!
And we love our boys! Me, Phillipe, Eric, & Vennie
Get ahold of yourself, girl! You are TOO HAPPY! "Is there any such thing as being TOO HAPPY?" "NO!"
Oh Phillipe! He is the most INTERESTING Lead flight attendant. He ACTUALLY announced on the flight over to Budapest that the meal choices were, "Icelandic crepes served with fresh maple syrup and Idaho potatoes, or an Atlantic omelette with glazed honey ham. Both are accompanied by a fresh fruit cup and a roll served with butter and strawberry preserves." With a little creativity, you can make ANY meal sound appetizing! And he SURE does have what it takes to be a lead! Love him!

Flying tomorrow to Kuwait and back... I have a feeling the flight home will be entirely different than the one going there! I can't wait.

Cheers!
-Lisa :-)

No comments: