8.20.2008

My bags are (almost) packed...

Hi there!

It's ME again... just walking up and down the aisles and making my Five Cabin Checks. (Haha, not really... I'm actually just stopping in to let you know there was yet ANOTHER schedule change that I'm KINDA excited about! I honestly love it, though!)

Now I leave TOMORROW, 8/21 at 1800 hours. (6pm central time for you non-military buffs out there.) I'm 'deadheading' on a company flight from RFD to Norfolk, Virginia to pick up troops, then we're moving onto Goose Bay, Canada and will arrive there sometime around midnight. We have a ground time of about 3 hours in Goose Bay, then we head onto Keflavic, Iceland and arrive at noon in KEF on Friday. It's kinda nice to know I'm not actually WORKING these flights, though.. it'll give me some time to get acquainted with the REAL 767 and MAYBE catch a bit of shuteye, if I can sneak it.

I have this Friday off in Iceland, then Saturday and Sunday I'm on reserve. They COULD call me to work, but they probably won't. Monday I fly to Budapest, and I stay there for the night, then Tuesday I head back to Keflavic. (The flight between Budapest and Keflavic is about 6 hours... ahem, Daddy & Ricky... in case you're still interested! :-) I'm on reserve again once I get back to Keflavic, for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday... Saturday I have off (tough schedule, I TELL YA.)... and Sunday I'm on reserve again. I fly back to Budapest on Monday, stay the night, then fly back again to Keflavic on Tuesday. Same thing... Reserve Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, off Saturday, then Deadhead HOME SUNDAY, September 7th.

I know I've strayed from the Five Cabin Checks theme lately, but I'd like to get back on track with silly little lists to make my blog even more fun. SO here it goes:

Five things I've heard about Iceland (Before I've been there to see it for myself):
1. It's cold. I need to bring jeans, a sweatshirt, and possibly a coat, if I have room.
2. Subway sandwiches apparently cost $12 each. (I wonder if they charge extra for banana peppers?)
3. Beers cost $8. (That could REALLY get me in trouble!)
4. Everything closes on the weekends... Saturdays and Sundays are like a ghost town.
5. The men are REALLY unattractive. With all my days off there, I REALLY hope this one isn't true!

Cheers!
Lisa :-)

P.S. I'm REALLY doin' this! I can't believe it!

No comments: