5.31.2009

My First "Around the World" Trip!!

Hello all!!!

There are a couple different ways that a flight attendant such as myself can be "placed" on a trip. You can either be sitting on Reserve and be "ready to fly" at any time they may need you, or you can ALSO bid for what we call "Open Time". Open time trips are usually last-minute in nature, and its a great way for flight attendants on their off days to pick up extra hours if they'd like.

Well last Friday, I was sitting at home 'minding my own business', when I received an email asking for 5 flight attendants to take an open trip that had just come up... TO THAILAND AND DUBAI!!!!! Wow!!! I immediately responded to the email and luckily, was awarded the trip later that afternoon that was departing on Sunday morning. I had a day and a half to scramble together some stuff... although warm weather clothes are ALWAYS easier to pack, so it wasn't THAT difficult... and I was on my way West commercialing with my crew all the way from Chicago to Seoul, Korea!!!


Philippe and I BOTH got the trip, so we commercialed out of Chicago O'Hare together. How nice!! :-)

Korean Air is now my new favorite airline. They had little "Comfort Packs" waiting for us on our seats of the SUPER CLEAN 747 we flew on. Inside the zippered pouch was an eye mask, a pair of comfortable socks (which was PERFECT for me... I was wearing heels that I was dying to take off!), a tiny toothbrush and even tinier tube of toothpaste, and a lanyard to hang the bag around your neck, if you'd like. (I didn't... didn't go with the outfit. HAHAHAHA!)


Lunch is served!!! Philippe, myself, and our dear friend Miss Stefanie Glidden were fortunate enough to share a row for the 14 hour flight!!! Helps to be near people you both KNOW and LIKE on long flights like these!!! We also each had our own personal television screen with TONS of movies available. Thats what I did the ENTIRE flight! I watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic", "Bride Wars", "Marley & Me", "Revolutionary Road", and a couple episodes of "Friends". I didn't WANT to sleep with all that entertainment!!! :-)

This is the 747 that we came into Seoul, South Korea on. My first time on a Boeing 747 and it was a BEAUTY!!!! Loved it!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!

No comments: