5.30.2009

Bishkek, Kyrgystan... One of the "Stans".

Happy Spring, Five Cabin Checks Followers!!

As the weather gets warmer... so do our destinations. This is such a wonderful time to travel the world, and it's been so exciting for me to see so many different places in the past 2 months. I have a series of posts that I'll be doing in the next couple days to catch you up on all my travels. I'm still enjoying my job, now more than ever, and I can't wait to share some of my photos and stories!!

This was my first stay in Bishkek, Kyrgystan in April 2009. BEAUTIFUL scenery, yet one of the poorest, most poverty-stricken places I've seen yet. Thankfully, the hotel we stayed at had a 5-star rating, with a yummy 5-star breakfast waiting for us when we got in early in the a.m. :-)








This crew LOVED to eat, thats for sure. Even better when it was free!!








We went for a stroll after breakfast to check out the local sites and markets. EVERYTHING was so cheap... cigarettes for .42 a pack!! The 'smokers' on our crew were plotting ways to fill their suitcases to bring back home... and the non-smokers were planning ways to fill suitcases and sell them once we got back to the states... ;-) (Obviously, we didn't have that much room after our 18 days out, but it was a good idea in theory!)








Miss Tammy King... posing in front of a "cool" building. ("But its not finished yet!!!) It's still cool... love Tammy!





Henry and I... having a moment by the bra stand in Bishkek.




... And trying on skirts... HAHAHAHAHA :-)


Bishkek is so cool! Hopefully the layover is longer next time... ;-)
Til then...
CHEERS!
-Lisa :-)

No comments: