11.28.2008

My first stay in the 'State of KUWAIT'!!!

Hello again!!

Well, as I mentioned before, I'm out on another long International trip until December 5th!! And I couldn't be happier to be seeing yet EVEN MORE new places on this trip that I've never even DREAMED of seeing in my entire lifetime!

Right now I'm updating from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kuwait. My crew and I commercialed in here Wednesday night-Thursday afternoon (Yes, it was THAT LONG of a flight! 14 hours! Ha!), and we're just packing our bags now for our first working flight we have scheduled to Ramstein, Germany departing tonight at 0200.

Anyway, Kuwait has REALLY surprised me at how beautiful it is! The pride they take in their culture that is unlike anything I have ever seen before. They have been very welcoming to us and we haven't run into any problems whatsoever with the cultural adaptation (thank goodness!). We're staying at a SUPER nice 5 star hotel with an amazing lobby with tons of shops and FIVE fancy restaurants. The outdoor pool and spa isn't too shabby, either! ;-) Especially with the 75 degree weather we had here today!


This is the view of the exterior on Thursday night when we checked in. So beautiful! I LOVED these tall bamboo-type doors leading into the hotel.

These are the main doors in the lobby, and as you can see, there are portraits of all the Middle Eastern religious leaders hanging above. Very beautiful!

This is the room I stayed in... I LOVED the color and lighting scheme they had going! I also had an interior balcony that opened up to the main lobby with a gorgeous view and just the right amount of background noise to fall asleep to... :-)
A super modern bathroom as well! Loved it! I love that sink!
Here's the view I had overlooking the main lobby. It was so neat to stand out there last night and people watch!
The hotel's sushi restaurant is to the left there with authentic little Japanese huts where guests were seated. If it weren't on average $18-$21 PER ROLL, I would have eaten there for SURE! Oh well, it was neat to look at and imagine how yummy it must have been... :-) You can also see the balconies across the way... that's what mine looked like!
A view looking in from my balcony... I LOVED the fresh fruit they had waiting for me when I checked in! ;-) "It's a VERRY NICEE!!!"

Philippe and I casually checked out the menus at EACH of the 5 restaurants and finally decided on the 'buffet-style' American restaurant. Hahaha... surprise, surprise! It was still pricey, but we made the MOST of it! The salad bar area had ALL my favorites... delicious green salads and dressings, olives, cold cuts, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, and for the main courses all sorts of freshly-cut meats, fettucine alfredo with mushrooms, falafels, you name it, you could find SOMETHING you liked! And the BEST part was the DESSERT BUFFET... We wanted to try EVERYTHING, and between the two of us, I think we DID!!!


Here is Philippe and I proudly displaying our dessert trays! We each had a cup of coffee after dinner too and relaxed to the background noise of a live Middle Eastern band that was EXCELLENT and SO authentic. We also people-watched and got to check out their dress... I think it's safe to say we stood out like sore thumbs in our American-inspired blue jean GAP look, you think?? :-)


We took a stroll outside the hotel after dinner (Or, waddle, rather... we were STUFFED beyond belief!) and checked out the pool area. Isn't it beautiful?


What a beautiful stay in Kuwait I had! I can't WAIT for Ramstein, Germany. Which reminds me... I better clean myself up & pump my body full of coffee soon. I've got a long night ahead of me on this 6 hour flight!

Also, I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving! Never forget to take a minute to realize how lucky we are to have been given the family, friends, and lives that we were blessed with! It is truly a gift.

CHEERS! :-)

-Lisa

No comments: